If you are planning to invite your friends over for a night of conversation and good food, one of the best suggestions you can make is to prepare a mouth-watering roasted duck. Although it may sound weird, roast a duck is really fun and a nice way to entertain your guests. Just remember that if you want to get it right, there are several different methods you can use. This article will give you some great tips on how to properly cook a duck. So get out there and start to prepare this delectable dish as soon as possible.
How to make the roasted duck recipe?
- The first tip is that you need to select the perfect weather conditions to roast your ducks. It’s better to have the coals ready a day or two ahead so you don’t have to waste your cooking time waiting for the coals to get ready.
- Also make sure that you have dry rubs and dry seasonings handy so you won’t be lacking when it comes to enhancing the taste of the meat. If you aren’t using dry rubs, you can simply follow the recipes that are available in various cookbooks. This is the best way to get the most from your efforts.
- The next tip when cooking a roasted duck is to pay attention to the coals. If the coals are too hot, they can easily scorch the outside of the duck, causing it to turn dry and overcooked. To avoid this problem, choose the coals that are well suited to the kind of cooking you intend to do.
- Also pay attention to the marinade. There are different kinds of marinades that you can use to enhance the taste of the meat and bring out its natural juices. You should make sure that the marinade is made for a specific kind of meats.
- Try and experiment a bit with different types to see which brings out the maximum flavor. If you are using an already prepared marinade, make sure you check that it is at the right temperature before adding it to the coals.
Always make sure that you only use dry rubs. Dry rubs are made from ground chicken, onions, garlic, herbs, spices, etc. The ingredients should be mixed together prior to heating and then left to dry for some time. When you add them to the coals, you will notice the juices splashing onto the sides of the bird as well as on the grate. The aroma will be wonderful and you will enjoy every single bite.